HEN LIT WRITERS

 

Stuff about you.

 

Links
Links

 

"Hens"/"Ladies" and our reading habits
Chick Lit Out, Matron Lit In
Dorothy Thompson to Appear on Single Talk Radio Sh...
Hen Lit Writers
Why I Love Being a Hen
Is this henish or not?
Blogs
Where has all my energy gone?
The Attitude of Today's Older Woman
Hen Lit - Humor or Not?

 

June 2005
July 2005
August 2005
September 2005
October 2005
November 2005
February 2006
April 2006
June 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007

 

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]

 

Design by CARU

Powered by Blogger

 

 

Monday, November 28, 2005

HenLit "the next thing"

I was playing tennis with a writer that some of you know, Cara Lockwood. I told her about my travails and troubles with getting a decent agent. I mentioned that I'm doing contemporary fantasy, which she said is really going to be popular soon. I sure hope so.
But then I popped my HenLit idea on her and she just practically squealed: "HenLit! Yes, that's the next thing." She even guessed the title when I gave her the basic plot idea. I guess that 's a sign that I should write this this novel, isn't it, ladies?

Meanwhile, I got a request from a very hot agent for a partial on my fantasy novel. And...a movie company said no, but very nicely. They really enjoyed reading the novel...just not for them. One day, I will figure out what those code words mean.

Anyway, hope Cara's view is the right one. We should strike while the metaphor is hot!

Lynn

posted by Bastet @ Monday, November 28, 2005

3 Comments:

  1. At Monday, November 28, 2005, Blogger thewriterslife said…

    Yes, yes, yes!!! Absolutely!!!! Good luck with the agent and get that darn book out there girlfriend!

     

  2. At Tuesday, November 29, 2005, Blogger Unknown said…

    Get the book ready and get it out there! Good luck!

     

  3. At Tuesday, November 29, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Excellent! Thanks for sharing your news - your enthusiasm is inspiring. Reading posts like this really keep me going.

     

  4. Post a Comment