HEN LIT WRITERS

 

Stuff about you.

 

Links
Links

 

Where has all my energy gone?
The Attitude of Today's Older Woman
Hen Lit - Humor or Not?
Move Over Howard Stern, Hello Dorothy!
Dorothy Thompson to Appear on Cuzin Eddie Show Tom...
I've been tagged!
This is why I write
Why we write
Mature and Settled?
Put Away Those Rockers, Granny, We’re Going Skydiv...

 

June 2005
July 2005
August 2005
September 2005
October 2005
November 2005
February 2006
April 2006
June 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007

 

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]

 

Design by CARU

Powered by Blogger

 

 

Monday, August 22, 2005

Blogs

For some reason, I haven't been able to post to my main blog for a few weeks.

Until I can figure out why, I've set up another blog at blogspot. Click here for my latest ramblings.

Like everyone else, I've been swamped lately. I'm spending several hours a day writing, plus trying to get a few other things under control.

The strangest thing happened today. A friend sent me a link. Please understand, I do take things like this very seriously. My heart does go out to Olivia. I can't imagine what she must be going through. With that said...that's my latest WIP. Husband disappears off their fishing boat. In this case, it's pre-season, so it's a test run. No one is onboard with him. He disappears. Five years later he returns.

Imagine how you'd feel. Your husband, disappears. Everything points to a tragic death. You've spent five years believing you were a widow. You were madly in love with him. You've prayed, or whatever your method is, for one more chance to see him. All you want is the chance to tell him how much you love him. Then one day, out of the blue, he returns.

Are you happy? This is the love of your life. Of course, you are. That is until it hits you that he's alive, meaning he didn't die on you, he walked out on you.

As I read the article, all those things that my character have had to face flashed through my mind. How will Olivia's story unfold? I don't know, but I honestly hope there's a happy ending for her.

posted by Unknown @ Monday, August 22, 2005

1 Comments:

  1. At Thursday, August 25, 2005, Blogger thewriterslife said…

    I hope it has a happy ending, too. Doesn't sound too encouraging. I have always admired her...it's a shame.

    Oh man, "Sleeping with the Enemy," what a movie that was. That guy was so sinister looking.

    Jody, sounds like your book fits right into what's happening right now...go for it!

     

  2. Post a Comment