HEN LIT WRITERS

 

Stuff about you.

 

Links
Links

 

On the way to Alaska
The Frozen Hen
Why I am a Hen Lit Junkie - Dorothy Thompson
The Hen Lit Writers Blog Debut!

 

June 2005
July 2005
August 2005
September 2005
October 2005
November 2005
February 2006
April 2006
June 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007

 

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]

 

Design by CARU

Powered by Blogger

 

 

Sunday, June 05, 2005

In the Hen Lit Generation, but writing fantasy

I just thought I'd take the time to come over here and introduce myself. I'm Lynn Voedisch, a journalist and fiction writer who happened upon Hen Lit thanks to Jody Pryor. I'm not exactly doing Hen Lit right now. In fact, I'm doing final revisions on a contemporary fantasy novel about a reporter who discovers the remains of Atlantis. Not exactly Hen Lit, especially since my protagonist is 33 years old.

However, I have the first two chapters done of a Hen Lit idea--a pretty wild and crazy comedy. My agent said it is the kind of thing publishers are looking for these days. So, I'm hoping that I can get that written a lot faster than my fantasy novel. That took my two years to write and these revisions seem to be taking eons. I thought I'd be done by June, but guess what? I'm afraid I've missed the deadline I set for myself. All those editors will be traipsing up to the Hamptons by the time I get this thing done.

Anyway, I live in Chicago, used to write for the Chicago Sun-Times. I'm attempting to freelance. (Landed an assignment with Dance magazine and then realized it's a cruddy all-rights contract. Looks like I'm going to have to accept this cruddy deal and just hope I can renegotiate if they want me again.). I have son in college who will be moving out in about two weeks. It's hard it imagine having an empty nest.

My blog on xanga is listed on the Hen Lit site. Come on over. My blog is very general, and I usually just stick to any area of writing. I use the blog for thinking out character motivation, interviewing the characters, doing essays on life in general, stories about my life in the 'burbs, and then there's the political diatribe I get in there once in a while. I actually was introduced to blogging via political work and I thought I was going to just blog on politics, but things changed.

Hope you like it. I'm hoping to be doing Hen Lit soon.

Lynn

posted by Bastet @ Sunday, June 05, 2005

1 Comments:

  1. At Monday, June 06, 2005, Blogger thewriterslife said…

    Lynn, you made it!!! Hey, I write other things, too. I imagine people are wondering what a relationship columnist is doing writing hen lit. Hey...hmmm...is there a story there? *smile*

     

  2. Post a Comment