HEN LIT WRITERS

 

Stuff about you.

 

Links
Links

 

What's A Woman To Do?
Hen Lit - RDI or NEXT?
My Debut
Move Over Howard Stern, Hello Dorothy!
Dorothy Thompson to Appear on Cuzin Eddie Show Tom...
I've been tagged!
This is why I write
Why we write
Mature and Settled?
Is Europe More Age Friendly?

 

June 2005
July 2005
August 2005
September 2005
October 2005
November 2005
February 2006
April 2006
June 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007

 

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]

 

Design by CARU

Powered by Blogger

 

 

Tuesday, August 02, 2005

Bits and Pieces from Reno

Here are some bits and pieces I've heard about chick/lady/hen lit in Reno:

  1. RDI is focusing on the 18-34 market. Manuscripts with heroines 35+ are being sent to NEXT and NEXT is actively buying.
  2. Pocket is looking for chick lit novels about women who are dealing with today's issues for a broader 30- to 40-something market.
  3. Tor is open to manuscripts with "mature" chicks.

And as an addendum, I just read something about Avon having a line for the 40+. I may need to do a little more research but it looks to me, ladies, that hen lit is just coming into its own. I'm very excited about it.

- Kathy

posted by Kathy Holmes @ Tuesday, August 02, 2005

1 Comments:

  1. At Wednesday, August 10, 2005, Blogger Dorothy said…

    Thanks for sharing, Kathy. I remember submitting a query to Avon about a year ago for another book. If you hear of what this new line is, post it, okay? Sounds interesting for this second one I'm shopping around.

     

  2. Post a Comment