HEN LIT WRITERS

 

Stuff about you.

 

Links
Links

 

Hen Lit - RDI or NEXT?
My Debut
Move Over Howard Stern, Hello Dorothy!
Dorothy Thompson to Appear on Cuzin Eddie Show Tom...
I've been tagged!
This is why I write
Why we write
Mature and Settled?
Is Europe More Age Friendly?
Put Away Those Rockers, Granny, We’re Going Skydiv...

 

June 2005
July 2005
August 2005
September 2005
October 2005
November 2005
February 2006
April 2006
June 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007

 

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]

 

Design by CARU

Powered by Blogger

 

 

Tuesday, July 26, 2005

What's A Woman To Do?

I agree with you, Kathy. I also thought Next was devoted to at least the over-40 age group. Like you said, it's very difficult to know what to send where.
I read an article earlier today on the new book out, Younger by Pamela Redmond Satran. The ARTICLE can be linked here.
Seems this author was trying to appeal to all age groups with her book. But like the article said, was it just a marketing strategy? I know publishers love "gimmicks" ie: what will stand out and sell in the marketplace.
But..........what's a woman to do? Especially when said woman is an author trying to break into that marketplace?

posted by Terri @ Tuesday, July 26, 2005

4 Comments:

  1. At Wednesday, July 27, 2005, Blogger Kathy Holmes said…

    Interesting point, Terri. And while my ms has 3 women in 3 different age groups (25-, 45-, 65-year-old), they just spoke to me and I realized that the point I wanted to make was that women in 3 different age groups could relate to each other as women.

     

  2. At Wednesday, July 27, 2005, Blogger Lynn said…

    My protag in my curent ms. is 33. I would hardly call that hen lit. I'm hoping that in my next project, where the characters will be in their late 40s, that publishers realize this really is a turning-point age.

    Lynn

     

  3. At Tuesday, August 02, 2005, Blogger Dorothy said…

    I loved what Kathy said about three different age groups who could relate to each other as women. Exactly! In this new book I've started on, I do have two age groups, but it mainly centers on Molly who is 35, although her grandmother is in her eighties and she's showing more smarts than anyone else in the book and her wisdom can be applied to any age group.

     

  4. At Tuesday, August 02, 2005, Blogger Dorothy said…

    Terri, I'm on my way to Williamsburg and when I get home, I'll put your name and website link in the links section. So sorry I haven't gotten around to it!

     

  5. Post a Comment