HEN LIT WRITERS

 

Stuff about you.

 

Links
Links

 

40+ is Fabulous!
Hen Lit Personified
A "Next" Step...
This Little Hen Went to the Boardwalk!
A new chick in the hen house...
Will the Real Hen Lit Age Please Stand Up
Writing...
HenLit posting on my xanga blog
Fiction for Women 45+ Must Be Hot
In the Hen Lit Generation, but writing fantasy

 

June 2005
July 2005
August 2005
September 2005
October 2005
November 2005
February 2006
April 2006
June 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007

 

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]

 

Design by CARU

Powered by Blogger

 

 

Sunday, June 26, 2005

Markets for Hen Lit?

I discovered a blog for Intrigue Authors where they post some of their questions about writing for Intrigue, and I thought it would be interesting if we discussed some of the craft and business end of hen lit writing here.

I think we've all heard of NEXT and Transita, but I'm wondering if there are other markets for Hen Lit. I looked at the early books that Transita was publishing and didn't think the style really fit what I think of as Hen Lit. Because, to me, it's not just the age - it's also the voice or tone. It's chick lit for the over 40 crowd, as stated on our Hen Lit yahoo page.

An agent, who requested my full ms, did not want me to send it until I heard from NEXT, who recently requested a full. So, I'm thinking there must be other markets, if she would still be interested and they were not.

I keep reading how NEXT wants the focus of the story to be on the woman's journey and not romance. Well, I have to laugh because this is the first manuscript I've written with this much romance. But the romance is just a part of each woman's journey so, hopefully, I'm worrying about too much romance for no reason. :)

- Kathy

posted by Kathy Holmes @ Sunday, June 26, 2005

2 Comments:

  1. At Sunday, June 26, 2005, Blogger sitting Tao said…

    After I hit the post button I thought: I should have checked to make sure someone else didn't just post about this. I was pleased to see you proposed discussion; that my post was timely.

     

  2. At Sunday, June 26, 2005, Blogger Dorothy said…

    You know...I'm glad you posted this, too. Why don't we work together and post whatever leads we can. I just got turned down by the Knight Agency...didn't even get to the partial stage. And I'm still reeling from the rejection from Agent #1. Almost makes you want to get it up. It's like does the book stink?

     

  3. Post a Comment