HEN LIT WRITERS

 

Stuff about you.

 

Links
Links

 

A "Next" Step...
This Little Hen Went to the Boardwalk!
A new chick in the hen house...
Will the Real Hen Lit Age Please Stand Up
Writing...
HenLit posting on my xanga blog
Fiction for Women 45+ Must Be Hot
In the Hen Lit Generation, but writing fantasy
On the way to Alaska
Native Californian Living in Florida

 

June 2005
July 2005
August 2005
September 2005
October 2005
November 2005
February 2006
April 2006
June 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007

 

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]

 

Design by CARU

Powered by Blogger

 

 

Friday, June 17, 2005

Hen Lit Personified

I am delighted to be able to share in this very-happenin’ Hen Lit -- And I do believe this is a “special community”-- so thank you, Dorothy, for the opportunity.

In 2000 I turned 50, and that April 15th I left my husband, after 30 mostly-good years. By April 15 of the following year I had no breasts, no hair, no man, didn’t know where I’d live or what I’d live on.

I started writing.

Today I am working on finishing my first novel (Hen Lit), I volunteer at Providence with the Breast Cancer Support Center, visiting patients after their surgery. I also write a monthly column in their newsletter, in addition to creating a monthly recipe.

I am trying my hand at fixing up houses (so far so good) and the stock market (Hmmmm, that’s been rough). I was a belly dancer but couldn’t wear the costumes any more. My oncologist said court reporting was too stressful so I left that world as well.

I have learned how to be the kind of woman I want to write about. Sexuality, adventure, nature, learning; the power of beauty is what drives me.

posted by sitting Tao @ Friday, June 17, 2005

5 Comments:

  1. At Friday, June 17, 2005, Blogger sitting Tao said…

    I'm sorry to be confusing (with so many names). Ydurp is backwards for Prudy, a nickname for Prudence. But you can call me Pru

     

  2. At Friday, June 17, 2005, Blogger Dorothy said…

    Hiya Pru! So glad you have joined! Takes a lot of courage and strength to have gotten as far as you have and not buckled..put your story to paper, girl! Show the world that you can kick butt just as well as the rest of them!

     

  3. At Saturday, June 18, 2005, Anonymous MHGibson said…

    Welcome Pru and thanks for sharing! It sounds like you've been through a lot but it's made you a very strong woman. (I'm a cancer survivor myself...) Hugs to you!

     

  4. At Tuesday, June 21, 2005, Blogger Kathy Holmes said…

    Your story is very inspiring - life serves up the unexpected but you reinvent yourself and move forward and, in the end, become an even better version of yourself.

     

  5. At Sunday, June 26, 2005, Blogger Jessica McCurdy Crooks said…

    Thank you for being an inspiration.

     

  6. Post a Comment