HEN LIT WRITERS

 

Stuff about you.

 

Links
Links

 

Hen Lit Personified
A "Next" Step...
This Little Hen Went to the Boardwalk!
A new chick in the hen house...
Will the Real Hen Lit Age Please Stand Up
Writing...
HenLit posting on my xanga blog
Fiction for Women 45+ Must Be Hot
In the Hen Lit Generation, but writing fantasy
On the way to Alaska

 

June 2005
July 2005
August 2005
September 2005
October 2005
November 2005
February 2006
April 2006
June 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007

 

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]

 

Design by CARU

Powered by Blogger

 

 

Tuesday, June 21, 2005

40+ is Fabulous!

Had to share my recent agent news here on the Hen Lit blog. Yesterday I received a response from an agent who loved the 40-something character in "Real Women Wear Red." She said she was fabulous! So, of course, I am feeling especially fabulous. Doesn't even matter if she felt the project wasn't the right one for her. I am still feeling fabulous - and it gets better. Today I received an agent request for a full. You just never know about those SASEs that show up in your mailbox. Sometimes it's a no and sometimes it's a go. Along the path to becoming a published author, we must celebrate our successes. And so I will enjoy a nice Australian red tonight and focus on the present.

- Kathy

posted by Kathy Holmes @ Tuesday, June 21, 2005

4 Comments:

  1. At Wednesday, June 22, 2005, Blogger Dorothy said…

    Holy crap, Kathy...which one asked for the full??? Was it the same one that you and I queried??? Holy crap, I'm so damn excited for you!!!

     

  2. At Thursday, June 23, 2005, Blogger Kathy Holmes said…

    Dorothy, it was a different agent. And to follow up - she wanted an exclusive but NEXT already had a requested full and she didn't want me to send the full until after NEXT made its decision.

     

  3. At Thursday, June 23, 2005, Blogger Dorothy said…

    You mean the one we both went with...if she gets back, she's going to want an exclusive? So if she does get back to me, then I shouldn't query NEXT? Hm...decisions, decisions. The agency is my dream agency, but if NEXT were to say "Hey, I want your book," I'm sure as hell not going to turn them down. Ha. If NEXT wants your mss, I'd say go for it. If I were in your shoes, I wouldn't think twice. ;o)

     

  4. At Thursday, June 23, 2005, Blogger Pseudo-intellectual lunatic said…

    great!

     

  5. Post a Comment